Jul 17, 2012

Day 40: J is for Jellyfish

When preschool fits into our schedule, we work on a letter a week.  (Gabe's not even old enough for preschool yet.  He'd officially start this fall, if we were sending him.)

I am trying to get more creative with crafts and hands on stuff, because I think that's how boys learn better....or anyone, really.  Not so much the crafty stuff, but constructing.  So...here is the jellyfish we constructed.  We also watched Youtube videos and read books about jellyfish.  We use the Letter of the Week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

So, we stuffed several plastic bags into a yellow Dollar General Bag. 


Then, Gabe practiced some scissor skills cutting the ribbon.



I used a stapler to get the ribbon on the bag.  He's got a short attention span.

I was pretty happy with the results.  I thought the loose curls in the ribbon were pretty.







No comments:

Post a Comment