Jun 16, 2012

Day 25: More Food

I just love it when I make something my family loves.  We had these tonight (not my picutre):


Here is a link to the recipe.  All I changed was that I used half the cream cheese, and I used shredded pepperjack cheese instead, because that's what I had.


And then, last night, I made the following recipe.  They were delish!  And the boys ate them so well...that was the best part.

Black Bean  Enchiladas
Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can rotel
1 small can mexicorn
1 clove minced garlic
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup chopped onion
8-8" tortillas
2 cups colby jack cheese

Sauce Ingredients:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp oil
1 small onion, grated into pan
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin

Sauce:
Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil and then simmer until needed.

Enchiladas:
Heat oil in a large skillet with garlic until garlic "pops".  Add onion and toss in oil to coat.  Cook 3 minutes.  Add beans, rotel, corn, and cumin and cook until heated through. 
In the center of the tortillas, place about 1/4 cup of the mixture each, and top with a bit of the cheese.  (There should be cheese left over.)  Roll tortillas up and place seam side down in a sprayed pan.
Pour sauce over tortillas.  Make sure every bit of tortilla gets wet with sauce so they don't get to crispy when you bake them.  Top with remaining cheese. 
Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts. 

In my opinion, this one of those recipes where the leftovers are even better than the first time.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment