Sep 19, 2010

Blessed.

We spent Friday night at the "clearest lake in Kansas" with some dear friends and our little boy.  We had the perfect weekend, and then it ended with a very unfortunate event, resulting in the loss of some major property.  We spent the rest of our trip, now a bit extended, watching them handle a very tough situation with grace and unshaken faith, which makes them even more dear to us.  We love you, Freys!

When I think about what COULD have happened, had our sons been with them, or had my husband been standing in a different spot, I have been so fearful and thankful.  Also, some of our other close friends had a big scare with their young nephew.  But he is doing well.  It's been an emotional weekend, making me very thankful for everyone around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment