Dec 20, 2010

Don't feel ready...

Yesterday, my husband observed Gabe taking his baby reindeer to bed, cover him up, and then kneel by the bed and start saying prayers for him.  I love that little boy.  And I am so thankful that God is answering our prayers for a soft, teachable heart that loves Jesus. 

Gabe's little brother or sister's personality is starting to show, too!  I predict this one will be much more active, strong-willed, and less of a cuddler.  The Lord has used Gabe to teach me so much, and with another child who is so different, I am sure I am in for some very different lessons.  Am I up for this?

I am a bit nervous about labor and the weeks that follow.  But more than nervous, I am excited to hold this little one and kiss some soft little cheeks.  Maybe this is weird, but I am looking forward to breastfeeding and those night time feedings alone with this new child. 

I will be needing so much grace.  I'd better get out my knee pads and follow my son's example!

1 comment:

  1. it is amazing how one look at our new little babies just knits our hearts together! you are ready dear 'daughter' because you know the One who created this precious babe. may the Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. much love and prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete